Many manufacturing, distribution and retail companies prefer to use their own fleet of vehicles for deliveries and while there are obvious advantages, there are also common pitfalls, with delivery systems often cobbled together resulting in unreliable delivery data and a lot of headaches.
WAERpod is a new Proof of Delivery app for Android phones, designed with these businesses in mind. It allows drivers to take deliveries and book them in to customer locations ensuring 100 per cent accuracy on delivered goods.
Its low-cost, high spec gives all the functionality you would expect from a well-known carrier company, all interfaced beautifully into NetSuite.
- Barcode scanning confirms delivery of ordered package(s) or product(s), eliminating discrepancies
- Eliminates the need for additional checking at the point of despatch
- Optimizes the use of delivery resources
- Fully integrated with NetSuite: the delivery triggers NetSuite invoice generation
- Accurate billing eliminates invoice reconciliation queries
- As a hybrid mobile app, performance & reliability are assured without the need for external connectivity at the actual point of delivery
- Ease of use ensures negligible training overhead
- Runs on an Android smartphone paired via Bluetooth with a palm-sized scanner, vastly lowering hardware costs compared to traditional units
- Ideally suited for companies who prefer to use their own vehicles and drivers rather than rely on third party couriers
- Receiver name and signature input: customer validation of the confirmed physical delivery
- Multiple drop locations per ship-to area
- Point of delivery exception management: if products cannot be delivered, for any reason, this can be input with definitive details and automated email alerts, ensuring better customer service
- KPIs & trend analysis enable better management oversight and on-going improvement.